Hopton Hall are opening the gardens for the annual Snowdrops Gardens.
Open every day from Monday 1st February to Sunday 6th March 2016
The current Hall can trace its roots back to the 1400’s when it boasted an estate of 3,700 acres, some of which now stands under the Carsington Reservoir.
Since 1996, Spencer has gradually cleared and restored the woodland and its walks. This has produced wonderful displays of Snowdrops and Aconites. The more we clear, so more of them appear.
After much dedicated hard work, we have added a Laburnum Tunnel and a number of walks, the Beech, Badger and Spring walks: a small Arboretum and Pinetum have been created as well as the generation of two small ponds and a wildlife lake.
Within the walled garden they have restored the Crinkle Crankle wall on which the beech hedge at Chatsworth was modelled and created two large Rose gardens consisting of some 2,000 roses and 5,000 box plants!
- 10.30am with last entries at 4.00pm
- Admissions £4.00 per person children 6 to 16 £2
- Tea room serving light refreshments including Soups, homemade cakes and hot beverages.
- Parking free
- Please wear appropriate footwear
- Wheelchairs will experience some difficulty
- With regret they cannot accept dogs except guide dogs
Please call 01629 540923 for latest opening updates.